The IRS has reminded taxpayers that they can securely access their IRS account information through their individual online account.
Information that taxpayers can view online includes:
- the amount they owe, updated for the current calendar day;
- their balance details by year;
- their payment history and any scheduled or pending payments;
- key information from their most recent tax return;
- details about their payment plan, if they have one; and
- digital copies of select notices or letters from the IRS (under the Message Center tab).
- Taxpayers can also make a payment online, view payment plan options, request a plan via
Online Payment Agreement and access their tax records via Get Transcript. Later in 2021, taxpayers will be able to digitally sign certain authorization forms, such as power of attorney, initiated by their tax professional.
Recovery Rebate Credit
The IRS regularly adds features to online account. For example, taxpayers can now check the amounts of their Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) to help them accurately calculate any Recovery Rebate Credit they may be eligible for on their 2020 tax return.