We are one of the top-rated CPA firms in San Francisco. We are not the biggest but we definitely strive to be the best accounting firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. We focus heavily on businesses, high income individuals, and international tax issues. If you’re interested in working at a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial CPA firm, consider our open positions below.
Accountants who get the job done
Our team of accountants, CPAs, and tax professionals get the job done. Our fast-paced work environment aims to really dig into tax policies and then minimize the tax bill for our clients.
Tax Return Preparation
International Tax & Accounting Services
Business Financial Advisory
The Tax Manager is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. In this role, Tax Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy.
The Assurance Manager is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and “wrap-up” stages of an Audit client engagement. In this role, the Assurance Manager is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise, as well as the responsibility of ensuring engagement profitability involving billings and collections. Traditionally responsibilities of the Assurance Manager will include advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP / GAAS issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems.
A Core Tax Services Senior Associate is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. In this role, the Core Tax Services Senior Associate may be charged with supervising and reviewing the work of Core Tax Services Associates.
SAFE HARBOR LLP is hiring a full-time Tax & Assurance Associate.
- Use firm’s practice management and tax software (CCH Axcess system) to complete tax returns. Maintain good communications and relationship with tax clients. Document work by preparing tax workpapers. Solve complex tax issues for clients
- Plan for audit and review engagement. Perform various types of audit procedures to gain reasonable assurance on client’s financials. Supervise, direct and review other audit staff’s work. Prepare clean and understandable audit work papers.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and footnotes in compliance with U.S GAAP.
- Stay informed on current tax regulation in compliance with IRS and DOR, research and draft technical tax memos or IRS audit responses for clients.
- Assist with corporate clients for tax and financial strategic planning such as compensation, employee health care benefits or long-range tax plans.
- Draft work papers and reports to support Business Selling & Buying activities, such as deal structure, considering tax and financial issues, securing confidentiality agreements, letters of intent and related documents, and financial and operational due diligence.
- Assist with the evaluation of clients’ internal auditing policies and procedures, make recommendations to improve operations.
- Supervise Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks.
Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field. Must have Knowledge of financial statement analysis, financial data analysis and financial modeling; Knowledge of taxation, for individuals and business entities; and active CPA license in the state of California.
Any applicant who is interested may submit resume w/code SAFEHARBOR2023 to: Chun Wong, SAFE HARBOR LLP, 5812 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94121.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Education Required: Master’s
Contact Name: Chun Wong
Company: SAFE HARBOR LLP
City: San Francisco
Career Opportunities: Work at San Francisco’s Premier “Boutique Accounting Firm”
Safe Harbor LLP helps individuals and businesses minimize their tax liabilities through thoughtful tax planning. We also work closely with our clients to streamline their financial and accounting processes. We work very well with high net worth individuals, San Francisco-based businesses, and/or businesses or individuals who have international tax issues. If you have business interests in both the USA and China, or the USA and India, we can help you comply with regulations yet minimize the tax impact.
Our tax accountants give clients the best of both worlds – friendly personal tax service, CPA, and business advice with Internet connectivity – we can meet face to face, and also share information on the Web thru WebEx and secure online uploads. We make tax preparation, accounting, and even bookkeeping or amended tax returns (second opinions) easy for individuals as well small to medium-sized businesses (SME). Our success comes when a satisfied client says, “We would like Safe Harbor LLP to be our In-House Business tax professionals.” Or, when a satisfied individuals says, “That was easy. What a great tax refund and easy tax service!”
~ Chun Wong, managing partner
Use this page to browse our current career opportunities and to submit your resume.
- To apply, use the FORM ABOVE to submit your application.
- No phone calls, please.