Expatriate Tax Return Preparation

Many San Francisco residents also have overseas tax exposure. They may be temporarily here, be legal residents, or citizens yet have income and property in countries as diverse as Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, China, Taiwan or India. Fortunately, expat tax return preparation is part of our international tax CPA firm services.

Contact Safe Harbor LLP CPAs

Accountants who get expatriate tax return preparation

While many US residents and US citizens have tax exposure on an international basis, there is also the situation of expatriates living and working in the United States, not just in San Francisco but elsewhere in California, who therefore are exposed to tax issues both in the USA and/or in their home country. We’re here to help. A growing part of our accounting business is helping foreign nationals such as Canadian citizens, Chinese citizens, Europeans such as Germans, British, or French nationals with their USA and their foreign tax compliance including expat tax return preparation here in California.

Book Now

Expat Tax Return Prep Service

If you have overseas income, let our team of hard-working CPAs and accountants figure out your expat tax return prep needs. From Canada to China, Germany to the UK, India to Malaysia, we have worldwide tax preparation contacts and can expedite and minimize your US, California, and foreign tax bill. Coordination works!

Expatriate Tax Preparation Service

    ~ More details on – Expat Tax Service

Expatriate Tax ServiceMany of our clients work in the United States, specifically in the San Francisco Bay Area, for some or part of the year, yet they remain foreign nationals. If you are a foreign national residing in the Bay Area or elsewhere in California, it is important to speak with a top San Francisco Bay Area CPA firm that specializes in expatriate tax compliance issues. Among the most common issues is filing in both the USA and in your home country. We are known as one of the best expat tax return preparation services in California, including Canadian expat tax return preparation as well as expat tax returns for UK residents and others, to name just a few. To view recent articles on expatriate tax preparation issues, visit our lively blog.

Canadian Tax Return Preparation

Safe Harbor LLP works with a wide array of individuals, including foreign nationals working at technology firms, legal services, and even non-profits, offering them the best tax services and tax preparation available for to minimize their USA taxes. Our expert San Francisco CPAs have years of tax preparation experience who work with foreign nationals, AND we have partnerships with key accounting firms in countries such as Canada, the UK, China, and Italy that can help us work together to minimize both your USA taxes and your taxes in your home country.

The San Francisco Bay Area – an International Region

We are so lucky to live in San Francisco, an International city with numerous foreign residents and with its gaze ever cast to foreign shores. Many corporations send their executives to live here, and many immigrants come to the San Francisco Bay Area to found the next Facebook, Snapchat, Google or the next Intel. If you reside in the San Francisco Bay Area for all or part of the year, and you have international business or other assets you may incur tax liabilities. We can help you plan to minimize the US taxes required for foreign assets.  Call us today to speak to a top San Francisco accountant specializing in expatriate tax return preparation.

Expatriate Taxation – Special Needs

Those who are not US citizens but have US income face special tax issues. You may have 100% of your income in the United States but technically still be a citizen of a foreign country like China, the Philippines, or Israel. You may be a permanent resident, or you may be a student here on a student visa. Many people come to us with H1 visas as well. But whether your income is 100% in the United States or 80% in the USA and 20% abroad it is important to talk with a tax professional that understands International tax.

Updated: 4/24/2017